Coronavirus Announcement & Updates
To our patients, friends and family,
We hope that you and your family are safe and healthy. As for our Phoenix Surgical Dermatology Group’s team, we are here for your dermatology care needs. We’re seeing patients both in-person and via virtual visit. If you’re in need of dermatology care, you can be confident that we are taking every precaution necessary to ensure a safe environment for our patients and staff.
Please read the new office guidelines to ensure the safety of us all. We ask all patients to please follow these safety requirements:
- We require all patients and staff to wear a mask or any other cloth material that covers the mouth and nose for the duration of their time in the office. These facial coverings should only be removed when surgeries or treatments are performed, and only if necessary.
- All patients must practice social distancing, staying at least six feet apart from others, while in the office, except while receiving medical care. We will limit the number of patients in the common areas and seating will be altered to observe proper spacing. Mohs surgery patients will be asked to wait in an exam room, their cars, or outside, and not in the office waiting room.
- Patients should come alone to their appointment. If necessary, we will allow one additional person to attend the appointment if this additional person is a driver, caregiver or as special circumstances arise.
- Patients should not come to the office if they feel ill or are displaying any symptoms, such as fever or cough, or if they have cared for or been in contact with anyone displaying these symptoms.
- We will be screening everyone who enters our offices for any exposure or symptoms of Covid-19. If patients are believed to have been exposed and/or display symptoms, we will respectfully not allow them in the office and will reschedule their appointment.
- We will be taking the temperature of every person before they enter the office.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available to all patients.
- Patients should limit the number of personal items brought into the office.
- We recommend virtual visits for follow-up care.
Additionally, our doctors and staff have been continually reviewing public health recommendations. We aim to always be up-to-date on the best practices to ensure patient safety. Our staff members are trained to follow all sanitation and hygienic care protocols, Universal Precautions, and are observing all the health and safety guidelines. Please rest assured that all our staff will be screened and have their temperatures taken before entry. Our staff will observe social distancing except while providing medical care to our patients.
We continue to implement increased sanitation procedures at all of our offices. The exam rooms will be thoroughly disinfected between each patient. Please understand that these additional sanitation steps may cause a slightly longer turnover time between patient visits. Please allow our staff to work properly in order to ensure that all high touch areas will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
Thank you for continuing to trust our office with your skin health needs. We strive to continue to provide the best and most advanced care possible.
Wishing you wellness,
Dr. Ramin Fathi